Sunday, October 18, 2009

Am I Smarter Than a 5th Grader?




Well, not much to report today - which is a good thing.

I actually slept in this morning until 10:00. They generally bring by breakfast around 8, but I didn't wake up, and only noticed it sitting on the side of my bed when I opened my eyes 2 hours later. Breakfast is actually my favorite meal of the day here, because I can always count on at least cereal with milk and french toast or pancakes, which makes me very happy.

Otherwise, they come wake me twice during the night to administer antibiotics and check my vitals (namely, blood pressure and temperature) - once at 4:00 am, and again at 6:30 am. What a joy this is. So I guess I'm already training for night-time feedings... They also often like to take this special time to ask me about my bowel movements. This is what I've been reduced to - daily crap reports. Glamorous.

I spent the bulk of this day on an InTouch Weekly crossword puzzle. Should I be mortified that I can't answer questions geared towards the sophistication level of a 10-year-old girl, or happy that I actually don't know the name of Madonna's youngest daughter? And what about this Sudoku? If I read the instructions and don't quite understand the point, does that mean I'm stupid or above the level of the game?

Back home, I hear that Moby is doing very well. But unfortunately, my mother-in-law suffered a freak mishap while walking yesterday that sent her to the emergency room last night and now has her on bed rest with crutches due to torn ligaments in her foot. Might I ask - what the hell is happening with the Presner famiily?!? I'm a little afraid for Brad to leave the hospital room for fear of what might happen out there (though he did make it out for a run safely today).

Meanwhile, everyone will be happy to know that while I may not be able to keep up much of a fashion trend here, my mother has carried that torch proudly. For someone who threw together a suitcase for an emergency trip across the country of indefinite length, she certainly looks like she's ready to board a cruise ship at the Port of Miami. I've never seen such perfectly put together outfits, complete with fabulous shoes and jewelry, in a hospital. Her explanation? "It's all wrinkle-free." But she has at least confirmed that she only brought one handbag on the journey. Let's all take a moment of silence to consider how I became who I am today.

Until tomorrow...

3 comments:

Brad said...

Just to be clear... The trend seems to be confined to spouses of Presner men. Jaime, if you're out there reading this, I'd be a little extra careful.

Melanie Cook said...

Let's all be careful out there!

cmg said...

Oh, no! I hope Susan's leg makes a speedy recovery. She strikes me as someone who is definitely not the sit-around type! Take care, Susan!